In this Privacy Notice, “Gorseinon Tyre and Service Centre ltd" refers specifically to Gorseinon Tyre and Service Centre Ltd Company No. 8623802
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the personal data we may collect about you when you interact with Gorseinon Tyre and Service Centre Ltd. We will explain how we use, store, maintain, and protect the personal data we have received from you.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted directly here:
The personal data we collect and process on you.
When you interact with us, such as when you purchase parts or services, you may provide us with personal information about you, such as your name, address, gender, date of birth, telephone number(s), email address(s), social media user name(s) if you communicated with us via that medium, your comments & reviews via review website(s), occupation or job title, payment and financial information, including Bank details, information about your vehicle including service history and your details.
You may also need to provide us with a copy of identification documents such as your passport, driving licence and/or a utility bill. These documents will include additional personal information about you such as (depending on the nature of the document) your nationality, place of birth, photograph and passport / driving licence number.
To ensure the safety of our staff, customers and suppliers and to protect our business assets, we use CCTV at each of our business locations. This would mean you may appear in CCTV footage if you attended one of our branches.
If you contact us via telephone, we use a telephone system which records the calls to improve our service to you through training and quality improvements. The system also provides clearness on previous conversations between you and our staff to assist with any products or services we provide.
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
* To contact you with important information regarding our obligations to you in respect to current or past bookings or requests you have placed with us, such as:
* To comply fully with applicable UK and EU law, such as Anti-Money Laundering regulations, HMRC regulations, DVLA procedures and other legal record keeping purposes.
* To provide you with the information you have consented to receive from us, such as signing up to our Newsletter and mot and service reminders.
* To satisfy our duty of care to you and protect your vital interests by informing you of vehicle recall information, safety information and to protect your identity from fraud.
* To provide you with the latest offers, discounts and information on customer events.
* To process finance applications, either through our own finance company or to third party finance providers.
For processing your personal data, we rely on the following legal bases:
* Contractual Obligation – This is where we use your personal data in order to satisfy our contract with you, such as arranging a vehicle collection or using a credit reference agency.
* Legal Obligation – This is where we must supply an appropriate body with your information, such as Police information requests.
* Vital Interest – This is where would need to provide personal information where necessary to protect someone’s life.
* Public task – This is where we would need to process your personal information to perform a task in the public’s interest or for official functions.
* Vital Interest – As stated previous, this is where we believe we would be acting in your best and upmost interests, for example, where there has been a safety notice issued on a vehicle which we have either supplied to you or have worked on for you, we would aim to get in touch with you to advise.
* Consent – This is where you give positive intention to agree to us contacting you, such as applying for a job on our website, to enable us to come back in contact with you. You can withdraw consent at any time via contacting either our Data Protection Officer or Data team.
* Legitimate Interest – please see the next paragraph below.
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
* Gorseinon Tyre and Service Centre use the legitimate basis for processing your data in relation to outbound communications .Gorseinon Tyre and Service Centre believe that we have appropriate and sufficient safeguards as well as working closely aligned to your expectations as a customer. Gorseinon Tyre and Service Centre believe the communications are beneficial for all parties involved.
* Examples of personal data processing under Legitimate Interest basis:
* If you disagree, you can object to any of our communications by exercising your right to object to the processing above by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Gorseinon Tyre and Service Centre works closely with a number of third parties in order to operate effectively, to satisfy our contractual obligations in our terms of agreement with certain suppliers such as vehicle and parts manufacturers, acting in the manufacturers legitimate interests, to keep you informed of developments related to both your car and/or vehicle manufacturers; and to inform you of/supply you with our products and services.
We would only provide the minimal information that a third party requires to undertake their specific services and for the exact purposes we have contracted with them for. We have ongoing communication with our third parties to ensure that your personal information is valued and any changes in the circumstances of the third party are informed to us. We inform our third parties to remove your personal information when we believe that our legal basis is no longer applicable.
The vehicle and parts manufacturers may use your information to inform you of developments in relation to your vehicle such as recalls and offer you additional products and services. The manufacturers may also use your information for statistical analysis and market insight. The manufacturers may also pass on your personal data to their own third parties without first obtaining your consent to assist them with their objectives. If you require further information regarding our third parties and your data, please contact our Data Protection Officer or our Data team.
Gorseinon Tyre and Service Centre may share your personal data with other third parties for the legitimate interests of both ourselves and you. These third parties may include:
Gorseinon Tyre and Service Centre will process and store your personal data for only as long as our legal bases still exist. The exact length of time will depend on the nature and content of the personal information. There is certain personal information which we also need to retain to meet our legal and regulatory compliance obligations. Your information will only be stored for the appropriate lengths of time and the minimum amount of information needed to satisfy these requirements.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Gorseinon Tyre and Service Centre (or third parties), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Gorseinon Tyre and Service Centre data protection representatives or Data Protection Officer.
The details for each of these contacts are: 01792 899400/ firstname.lastname@example.org